Home » Portfolio

Portfolio

This is a collection of my freelance work as an essayist. My writing focuses on new media, cultural criticism, and connecting premodern scholarship to modern media and society. For inquiries, you can contact me at eaprice.111@gmail.com.

You can see a collection of my public-facing academic work, reviews, and research publications under the “Research” tab above.

Your Dearest Kin Below the Skin: Liquidity in Hades (Unwinnable Magazine, 2021)

Cover story for Unwinnable Magazine, May 2021. An investigation of how the liquids of the roguelite Hades tie its story and gameplay together.

Astrologaster Review (Fanbyte, 2021)

A review of the game Astrologaster, and an overview of astrological medicine and the state of representing pre/early modern medical practice.

Only Connect (Uppercut Magazine, 2020)

A retrospective of Thousand Threads, an indie game with networking mechanics that emphasize making lasting connections with the game world, and how that world is shaped by the game’s handling of violence and unoccupied space.

Mad At School (Into the Spine, 2020)

An exploration of the purpose of ultra-hard modes in games, through the eyes of a new professor playing a game whose main character is a new professor.

Reading the Physician (Synapsis Journal, 2019)

An overview of my research at the Morgan Library in 2019, in which I discuss the Regime du Corps, a medieval medical compendium, and what its illustrations say about the relationship between physicians and their books, and about popular imaginings of doctors as repositories of knowledge.

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message